When we started our company, we dedicated ourselves to improving the lives of our Clients, our Communities and our Team. We are humbled and inspired by the families who have invited us into their lives to help create the home of their dreams.
We think what we do is much more than building homes: we are committed to creating special places, enhancing lives, and life experiences. Home is the place where great memories are made and dreams are fulfilled, and we are honored each and every time a client chooses to partner with our team in the home-building process.
We encourage you to talk to our clients to learn about their experiences, and we hope you will strongly consider our team as you look to build the home of your dreams.
With deepest respect,
- #1 on Houzz in Sioux Falls
- 21 Years In Business
Award-Winning Sioux Falls Custom Builders
We are proud to be Sioux Falls’s Trusted Home Builder, and ranked #1 in our area on houzz. We attribute this not only to fine craftsmanship and strong relationships across our community with the best of the best in every trade, but especially to our proven process and collaborative method to build our clients’ dreams.
Make Your Dream Home the next Award-Winner
Schedule Your Idea Session
Love your new build
We back what we build
We want you to LOVE your new build! We know the last step of the 5-Simple Steps, “Happily Ever After” part is the most important chapter of the story. That’s why we’re dedicated to standing behind our projects with our industry-leading, multi-level warranty program. Our team will be here to meet your needs long after closing.
It’s what we believe in
We're Committed to 5-Star Client Service
A custom home builder should put the client first at all times. After all, you, the client, are entrusting your builder with one of the biggest purchases of your life. When we measure success, it’s about our clients who want to recommend us to their family, and friends, not the number of projects completed or monuments built.
Every time, Everyone
Our Brand Promise
We promise a 5-Star Experience every time with everyone we work with, because building a home means more than constructing a place to live: it’s about providing an enjoyable home building experience and creating an inspiring space where dreams can come true. Here are some of the reasons people choose us for their dream home:
Great home design isn’t found in a formula. It’s not about the latest fads. It’s about the ways you live in your home, the way your home makes you feel and the building techniques that ensure happiness, quality, and low maintenance that remain long after move-in day. You can count on us to deliver inspired designs by incorporating:
• Innovative architectural exteriors
• Quality interior details
• Open sight lines, thoughtful room placement and well-designed traffic patterns
• Energy saving featuring the latest in energy-efficient building techniques
Can you imagine trying to build your dream home with only a handful of choices? Neither can we. Luckily, our 5-Simple Steps process makes it easy for you to collaboratively create your dream home that fits all your wants and needs while enjoying:
• A wide selection of floor plans and home-sites
• Utilizing your lot to its fullest potential
• Customizable floor plans & options or a complete original dream home
• Always making it easy to make your selections to personalize your home
It may not be the first thing you look for when comparing home builders, but service will have a greater impact on your home experience than any other single factor. Our team believes that service shouldn’t stop after an agreement is signed. We want to exceed homeowner expectations at every turn, which is why we provide you with:
• Your own team of professionals, including a personal Building Manager and Design Consultant
• Helpful tools and resources like the Homeowner Portfolio, your home’s personal website
• An industry-leading, multi-level warranty and dedicated Warranty Service Representative
Because a dream home never happens by accident
5 Simple Steps to a 5-Star Experience
We are a DesignBuild firm. That means that unlike other Custom Home Builders, we collaborate with you from the very start in the design process which allows us to be on the same page before your drawings are completed.
Our DesignBuild collaborative method ensures that you get to walk away from the design phase with confidence and agreement on what is possible given your budget, timeline, and desired outcome.
Getting to Know You
- Idea Session - Identify, define, and communicate project process, approval milestones, and timeline
- Design Agreement- reviewed and sign
- Design meeting - identify project vision, scope, and estimate budget range
- Project goals
- Project scope
- Design criteria
- Project assumptions
- Potential concerns and risks
- Planning conceptual level of costs
- Project schedule
- Project preliminary budget
- Review, confirmation, and approval
- Design team is selected & approved, and ideas are transformed into a preliminary schematic floor plan
- Preliminary schematic floor plans are reviewed approved
- Construction Plans Agreement reviewed and signed
- Design selections, specifications, full construction plans are made while bids are submitted, reviewed, and confirmed for final pricing
- Design selections, specifications, full construction plans, schedule, and budget is reviewed and approved
- Construction Agreement signed
- Permits submissions and approvals
- Construction begins - Team begins work to transform plans into reality
- Weekly communications
- Normal project & schedule updates, review, and approvals
- Punch list reviewed and completed
- Owner final walk through
Welcome to the Family
- Warranty reviewed
- Move in is complete
- Project is completed on time and on budget with a 5-Star experience
Ready for your happily ever after?
It all starts with that first Simple Step:Let's Talk
Why we do it
We have the honor of building our clients dreams, enhancing their lives, and our community.
Our Team We strive to bring out the best in our people, achieve personal growth, and challenge ourselves to achieve the highest standards and success. Our Team Members are encouraged and have our full support to achieve their potential to positively affect other people's lives, increase their own self-fulfillment, and enhance their own lives.
Our Clients We know our clients' homes are the place where families join together to create memories. The homes we build are a symbol of craftsmanship, customer satisfaction, and our personal attention to detail. Providing a 5-Star experience and enhancing the lives of our clients is why we exist.
Our Community We are about more than just laying a solid foundation and building beautiful homes; we’re about community. We believe in giving back and helping worthy causes and charitable organizations. More than that, our Team is always happy to lend a hand to someone in need or make someone's life better.
We give back
We C.A.R.E. To make a difference
What gets us out of bed every morning is the chance to live out our purpose of building dreams, enhancing lives. Our Team Members believe that each new day is another opportunity to live out that purpose by making a positive impact through giving our time, talents and resources. In doing so, we are truly making a difference and are continuing to enhance communities across the country.
We are grateful to join together with our Team Members, Homeowners, Homebuyers, Trade Partners and Community Partners to share our support with our extended family – and community – through the volunteer and philanthropic efforts of our CARE program. CARE gives back:
C – Committed to Building Community Character: encouraging a culture of caring and contribution with our Team Members, Clients and Community.
A – Active in our Community: engaging our communities through Team Members completing projects and donating to worthy causes.
R – Responsible to our Community: living up to our responsibility of building dreams and enhancing the lives of our Team, Clients and Community.
E – Enhancing our Community: living a life of service to provide true meaning and purpose.
20 Reasons to Trust
Deffenbaugh Homes with your Dream Home
1. A 5-Star Experience From Beginning To End
Our promise is to earn a 5-star review from our clients and everyone who has contact with Deffenbaugh Homes before, during, and long after construction.
2. The Deffenbaugh Homes Experience
Through our proven process, The Collaborative Method, we can promise a 5-star experience for all. We:
- Assemble a dynamic and knowledgeable collaborative team of industry experts
- Engage a proven process of designing to your description of your style, taste, and needs through 5 Simple Steps
- Execute the plan with the highest standards, with attention to time, budget, design, and craftsmanship
3. Our Top-Notch Team & Craftsmanship
Deffenbaugh Homes embraces the industry’s best products and materials, latest technologies, top-notch craftsmanship, and unique design elements to create your dream home.
4. Free Idea Session
We invite you to schedule your complimentary “Getting to Know You” session so we can learn more about you and your vision for your home.
5. We Are Ranked #1 On Houzz
We are honored to be ranked #1 on Houzz.com in Sioux Falls.
6. We Are A "Top Of The Market" Award Winner
We received the ‘Top of Market’ Award, presented by Certified Luxury Builders, for our continued commitment to providing a 5-star experience to all clients.
7. We Are Dedicated To Quality
We are devoted to creating unique, lifestyle residences that are driven by a focus on quality workmanship, high levels of client satisfaction, successful project execution, and strong core values.
8. We Make It Easy
Deffenbaugh Homes makes building a custom home easy - our team of experts are here to walk you through (and make sure you love) the home building process - from getting started, creating timelines, and changing orders to providing financing, warranties, and more.
9. We Are Hands-On
It is very important to find a custom home builder who shares your values and vision. Creating your dream home is a hands-on process - from the layout and design, to your selections and finishes, our team handles everything so that you can sit back and relax.
10. You Are Our #1 Priority
Communication is key and we keep you updated at every step. We’ll be continually responsive and attentive to your needs. Creating a residence to match you and your family's lifestyle and needs is Deffenbaugh Homes' focus. It's what we do.
11. Our Industry-Leading Warranty
Deffenbaugh Homes’ commitment to you does not end at closing. Because we feel so confident about the performance and quality craftsmanship of our homes, we offer industry-leading warranties on every home.
12. We Customize To Fit Your Needs
We offer inspired designs and customized space-planning solutions that radiate your personality while satisfying your needs and reflecting you and your family's lifestyle.
13. We Are Your Advocates
We understand that construction projects can be intimidating for homeowners, so we act as your trusted advisers, advocates, and liaisons. We’ll demystify the process with transparent communication, clear processes, and unbiased advice.
14. One Word - Equity!
Benefits of a newly built or recently renovated home instead of a used home. In one word, it’s called EQUITY!
15. A Realistic Build Time Estimate
Our average build time from pouring the foundation to your move-in is approximately 6-12 months depending on size and scope. While your actual build time may be subject to weather delays, obtaining permits, availability of qualified trade partners, etc. Deffenbaugh Homes’ expertise lends itself to keeping the build time to a realistic estimate. Also, as we progress through the 5 Simple Steps, we will be able to narrow that time frame even more.
16. Flexibility - Choose Your Own Land
We provide the flexibility to choose the property that you want to build your home on. Bring your land to us or allow us to help you find that perfect site.
17. We Walk The Site With You
We will assist you in selecting the location of your chosen home plan on your land, and discuss potential site considerations. After the Site Evaluation, you will receive plans showing the proposed location of your new home on your property.
18. Site Development Expertise
Deffenbaugh Homes is your partner along the way, helping determine your site development costs.
19. Project Completion On Time & On Budget
We’ll keep your project on schedule and on budget, and keep you continually updated on our progress. You can move in and start enjoying life in your new home just as planned!
20. By Following The 5 Simple Steps, You'll Love Your Home!
You Describe, We Draw / You Approve, We Build. Our proven process for getting you the home you want, on time and on budget, follows these steps:
STEP ONE: “Getting To Know You”™
STEP TWO: “Conceptual Design”™
STEP THREE: “Design Development”™
STEP FOUR: “The Build”™
STEP FIVE: “Welcome To The Family"™